How Can I Help?
My goal is to help high school students and families reduce the stress of the college application process as we develop a path for them to find schools that meet their financial, academic and social needs in an environment where they can thrive and grow.
OUR SERVICES INCLUDE:
Assessment of student’s profile, including academics, extracurricular activities, and long-term goals.
Assistance with standardized test selection, scheduling, prep and score reporting.
Customized college search to find schools that fit the student’s financial and academic needs in a place they can thrive and grow.
Strategies and guidance for financial aid and scholarship opportunities to include review of financial aid packages.
WHO WE ARE
Agather College Consulting, LLC is an independent admissions consulting practice that specialized in guiding high school students and their families through the college search and application process. I advise students on the nuances and requirements of the process as I help each student find a college that best meets their financial, academic, and social needs.
What are your options?
Why do we need college bound support? View our frequently asked questions.
What's the biggest difference between the two packages?
With the complete package, we help drive the process forward, ensuring the student is on track and hitting the appropriate college planning milestones along the way, in conjunction with their high school counselor. With the 10-hour package, you decide how you'd like to use the hours and we'll put together a plan of meetings to provide support.
When should we begin working with you?
Our ideal client begins working with us during their sophomore year in high school. We limit the number of students we work with in each graduating class to ensure that each student gets the attention and time they need to be successful through the whole application process.
What types of students do you work with?
We work with all types of students, high achievers, performing artists and students with learning differences and everyone in-between. Our philosophy is that there's a good-fit college out there for everyone.
What are the Student Responsibilities?
We want our students to enjoy their high school experience with the expectation that they will:
- Own and "quarter back” the college bound process.
- Discover their interests and passion and personality preferences, gifts and talents.
- Know that where they go to school is less important than what they do where they go.
- Complete college requirements on-time and to the best of their ability.
- Work with their school counselor and our College Coach to maximize their experience and the student’s opportunities.
- Be respectful of our coach’s time, keep appointments, show up on time and submit products per schedule.
What are the Parent/Guardian Responsibilities?
We want parents to enjoy their student as they cheer and praise them for their efforts and not comparison-driven results. Additionally, we expect parents to be:
- Be forthcoming on financial constraints early in the process with the student and College Coach.
- Appreciative of their student for who they are and not how they compare to other students.
- Respectful of the inherent stress of the process and designate specific times to talk about high school academics and college bound process with their student while not allowing it to consume high school years.